PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot's sex discrimination case. (Update: Now includes Tribunal's judgement)
Old 10th Jan 2005, 16:51
flystudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This boils my blood, I cant imagine how this will do anything for the employment of females in the aviation indutry. Furthermore to claim its sexual discrimination is a joke, why shouldnt fathers be allowed the same, this is a big can of worms and I think it will be squashed.

If she wins then all the fathers whould be entitled to the same and if they dont get it , then it is a sexual discrimination case. Infact heck why not lets try and increase the debt BA are trying to get down !!

Does it not all come down to planning like everything in life ? I guess the couple knew what the terms were before they had the baby and to try and re-write the rules after the event .

Ms Starmer added that such practices seek "to reinforce, rather than reform, the traditional male dominance in its workforce".
I do not want to have to give up the job I have always wanted to do and worked so hard for
thoughts - don't get pregnant then. This reminds me of the female pilots thread on the site, someone was talking about similar a few weeks back.

PPP=PPP