PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solenta forcing pilots to return to Abidjan
Old 10th Jan 2005, 14:03
Rudeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear All,
Once again sad that the only guys trying to provide jobs to the industry get slashed all the time. What amazes me is that all the other companies that the guys mention that is so great operate in Iraq/Sudan/Afghanistan etc etc. and the guys have an issue going back to ABJ....... ? I am falling off my chair laughing at this. Please someone explain this to me !!!!
We just for info placed 3 x 1900D on contract in Afghanistan and Sierra Leone with unbelievable great crew.Guys that did not ask for more money.
We have in ABJ as a company made sure that it is 100% safe to go back, the company also lost serious money and had to revamp the crew house all brand new now.Surely we would not do this if we were to loose it again. Unlike in an earlier posting all the personal losses of all the crew has been paid out, yes it took a while but not one of them lost a cent and are new equiped with brand new headsets,flightbags,cd,PC,clothing etc etc.
A complete security solution with evac plans will be in place no later than the end of Jan by Securicor, yes the same guys that support the Bulls.We have made contact with the UN security guys that give us daily security briefings.The house will be secured and armed guards are now at the house 24/7.Myself and the MD will be in ABJ by Wednesday for full accesment and to make sure we are happy with the arrangements in place and that our crew are safe.
Further to this we have confirmed that are crew are all medically covered, we have confirmation from Workmans compensation that they will cover the crew for accidents/incidents and death or injury in all cases and we also have DHL life cover for all our crews. Show me any other comapny at present that cover their crew on their insurance.
Our crew have moved back and for this we are very greatful and will always be, to all the guys there MOERSE THANKS !!!
I hope he forgive me but I have quoted our Snr pilot on a mail send to us.
Our crew are happy this is a good company except for the 3/4 negative guys on this site but I guess they will die negative.
Further more we increased salaries in Sept and paid all the guys a bonus in Dec 04. Any other companies that did this ???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Rike,
today has been a very busy day, with settling and what
not but I will be sending you more regular updates
from now on.
It is OPS normal in ABJ and we are all very impressed
with the work that has been done at the crew house.
I'd like to express special thanks to Agathe, Nestor
and all the house staff for their fantastic job as
well as their continued support: every request we've
had has been met with a smile and immediate response:
thank you!
I am flying tonight but will arrange to meet Mr
Bellafdil tomorrow. As for the SA embassy, I will wait
for feedback from DHL.
Thanks for the DSTV, crew cards and charts.
I have made a new roster (yet again) and it caters for
the LBV pilots not coming back tomorrow just in case.
No other issues I can think of for the moment but will
let you know!
Cheers for now,
Ali