PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2005, 12:46
SASless

Received 517 Likes on 215 Posts
Ambi...

Don't sugarcoat things...tell us what you really think!

I read that post....and being my usual self...wanted to find something to argue with....but failed.

Chuks sums it up....the aircraft remains on the bottom. Despite the underwater locater installed on the aircraft that is supposed to be good for 30 days pinging its little heart away. We can work wellheads at that depth....don't tell me the equipment and technology does not exist to recover that wreckage if the company wanted to. Without the wreckage....just how can one arrive at a determination of what happened.

An injured hand? That flight could not wait until daylight?

That aircraft as I recall had only attitude hold and did not have flight director (autopilot) installed. Witness marks for the cabin door stiking the tail rotor.....any number of things having nothing to do with a cabin door coming open...could put the cabin door into the tail rotor as a result of impact with the water or after a catastophic inflight failure.

Sounds like another case of Risk Management....the cost of that accident in "dollars" is considered a cost of doing business by the oil company and OLOG. The crew and passengers were merely incidental to the matter.

We hear of the North Sea checkerboard....and nothing in Nigeria for SAR. Same oil companies.....same safety case....yeah, right!