PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2005, 23:12
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newcastle aero club

Hi Flyers

Mu beta - Good to see a former member likes the sound of a charitable Trust & flying club.

Perhaps more importantly is open to seeing that of the proposals being considered it is the only one offering a real future for a "True Aero club".

Quote from RMT letter sent to me.
"We have been contacted by a number of persons interested in the assets and business, or a rescue of the above company, of which you are the one.....initial offer to be submitted by..."

Perhaps if general members had been able to participate more in running the club it might still exist?

Prior to initiating this proposal, while seeking information at the airport flying club, I spoke to a lady member who was standing outside the locked doors with her young son whistfully watching the aircraft flying.they went 2 to three times a week because of his dream of flying them.
She was supprised at being asked about participating in the club! Replying "no one ever asks our oppinion! no one ever asked if we could help! yes i would love to help if i can!

Unfortunately they have been deprived of their heritage by the company crash!!!!

Charitable status is an option!
I was told on Friday by the administrator the proposal is one of the Four top ones being considered.

It is an option if present and future fliers are the recipients of charity!

It will not be an option if fliers in the region do not want to recieve it!
It will not be an option if fliers etc do not contribute or take some responsibility.

Being a charitabl organisation is an option if present Flyers etc can be charitable to each other!

IT will also require TEAMWORK and other social skills.

Can the former members work in a team? Or will that take a considerable amount of Education???

I imagine they can. planes need teamwork to fly.

This is an open invite to former & future club members to consider working together to ensure a real club develops from these unfortunate events.
It is also an open invite to any altruistic bidders to consider working as a team in the interest of future "Real Club Members"
Could you please network this to others as in the earlier excersise in the thread???

A request has been made to identify the minimum amount required in payments and terms to permit flying to resume imiediatly and time be allowed while this alternative approach is given seriouse consideration by all those effected.

This will of course requir a charitable approach by the airport authority??

It will also require more than crossed fingers and the hope that some other third party will sort it out.

It will require money to cross palms (so to speak & legally) so the administrators can pay the minimum amount.
It will require someone to jump in and join the team as i am rather ill and may not be able to complete within the time scale.

Finally I think
The 500 AA or RAC members made millions from the sale of their club!!!!
The 500 members of NAC are being sold to the highest bidder for that person to make millions from a flying school.
Are there any former general members angry enough or who care enough to do something to help???

If so please do. It was your heritage and the young flyiers future.

Ailglon;- You are correct A pure flying school would not meet the requirments for charitable status. Yet I feel you know that as part of an intergrated service delivery of an education process it would!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to here your answere to your question!
The Primary object in CC Jargon is "To improve conditions of life" (no more time I am exhausted will try to pick up tomorrow.)

Take care
The team of one who
Hope 2
Be More
Hope2