Thread: Flying Ladies
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2005, 22:21
Whirlygig

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any comments from the ladies
Whaddya think I've been doing for the last three pages?

she stated that women make less good pilots because during their period they tend to be very short-tempred or getting angry much more easily
Oh pur-leeze. IF (and I mean IF) this comment really did come from a woman she must be very, very young. Women who come out with crap like that are doing the rest of us (herself included) no favours whatsoever. SHE might not make a good pilot because SHE gets short-tempered but, as I have said oft enough, it can affect women in different ways and affect the women diferently at different times especially as you get older (ahem).

I have my own personal considerations to make at particular times (I'm getting coy in my old age) but, I can promise all you blokes, getting short-tempered is not one of them.

I believe that often PMS or dysmynoria are merely excuses
Oh no they are not. If a woman suffers from these, it ain't fecking funny and it has nothing to do with how happy they are with themselves but a hormone imbalance.

Now, I am normally pretty laid back and rarely rise to the bait but Rwy, this post takes the biscuit. Comments such as those from Bugdevheli are simply treated with the contempt they deserve and are so predicatable, it's sad. But your post, recounting what a female friend has said just makes me want to groan inwardly.