PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job losses at Virgin
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2001, 21:39
jongar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a passenger I have little say, other than to chose who I fly with. I wish only the best for VS and to that end next week, I will spend £200 more to fly from MAN to LHR before going to JFK. Airmiles are one thing, but trying to ensure that the best FA's in the business dont start working in a gym is more important. But this is a brutal world, and VS need to trash those classics. If we had a crystal ball, then everyone would have 330s and 777s. Those classics are affecting the profitability of the company. And by that nature, the cres come with the plane. Some parts are interchangable, some arent or would cost to much. I wouold hope they could retrain some of the classic pilots, but you have to look at the cost of that and the time you will get from what I expect will be an older pilot. VS needs to make a decision for the whole company, if you come through this with a job, then count yourself lucky. Right now I am making myself the most visible person in the company, and killing myself with work and travel. i also now only fly Premium Economy as a choice, to save the company money, and I hope i will be rewarded, through the chance to continue working here in a job I love. - the fact that as a V50 is get upgraded regulary makes the decision a little easier.

Best of luck to all - and guviner I respect your opinion, just sick of reading it all over the board.