PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford v PGT Kemble
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2005, 17:42
PGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royal Aviator and all

As much as I'd like your statement to be true about 'last year' we only received our approval from the CAA on 23rd November so we were unable to start courses until after that time.

It is true that Oxford have temporarily reduced their modular course price for Ground School, that's their business and one can only speculate as to why a succesful school would do that.

I personally still have good friends working and teaching at Oxford so if I ever say anything here it will be to reply to queries or to state a fact and nothing more.

When we, the 'famous five' set up at Kemble it really was to fill a hole in the market caused by ATA's sad demise and because we did not wish to work under the terms of a new contract.

To all wannabes looking to start an aviation career I would simply say this, use PPrune as a tool to gather facts and maybe shortlist your schools, visit the schools you shortlist, listen to advice from the schools and from students who have attended/are attending and then make your own decision.

Happy New Year and regards to all.

Pete Begley

Last edited by PGT; 10th Jan 2005 at 07:31.