PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A few facts about Cathay Freighters
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2005, 23:41
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cpl K. lets not confuse the two things here, training and checking. There was a time when a few CX mainline trainers made it clear that they would orchestrate the failure of the newly joined ASL pilots, especially the direct entry commanders. Those days are, thankfully, long gone. Why the higher failure rate on commands on the freighter? Well, on the Classic it would be probable or possible that many of the basic flying skills required to operate an analog aircraft diminish with time spent on the more modern glass digital machines, no trimming, follow the magenta line, all on automatics etc. For the -400 I have no idea. Look I am not saying the system is purrfect - none is - but it is a system and it is constantly being modified to meet changing circumstances. Anyone who has an idea on ways to improve 'the system' can put in a suggestion. Anonymous if you like.
Cruising Speed. You got up on the wrong side of the bed mate. Re-read my post/posts. I am not an apologist for all things company. That said I find CX a great place to work and will defend its 'ethos' whenever I feel it necessary