PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Major new projects in Nicaragua
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2005, 21:48
Captain Stable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Certainly this is one of the quietest forums on PPRuNe - probably why I was asked to moderate it - I wouldn't screw up a major part of Danny's train set! Apart from that, I do at least know much of the Caribbean region. I have to admit that I have never set foot in any country south of the USA (my loss, I know - hope to remedy that in a coupla years). Furthermore, my command of Spanish is restricted to limited compliments to young ladies (or their mothers) and to ordering two beers.

I would like to acknowledge the major contribution that Panama Jack makes to this forum. He is a major asset, and was not too long ago honoured in JetBlast for having a name and an aura not too different from that of the pirate Henry Morgan. I am sure that he conducts both his private and professional life differently, however!

Since the Hong Kong and Australian forums are so popular on PPRuNe, any ideas people have for boosting the readership of Carib/LatAm would be gratefully received.

The thread entitled "The Language of this forum is English" caught my eye a few moments ago. We could change that if people wish, provided that a suitable PPRuNer for Mod status showed up with enough spare time and enough command of Spanish.

This is NOT "my forum". It is yours. Its success or failure rests on its contributors. Please do all you can to encourage work colleagues etc. to come and browse and contribute. There is no restriction on rumour - it's in the name of the website!

Prospero Ano Nuevo to all.