PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Ladies
Thread: Flying Ladies
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2005, 13:38
carholme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Ladies

I have worked as an engineer (mechanic) on helicopters and fixed wing for almost 40 years and recently my partner and I bought a Beech 18 floatplane for summer operations in Canada. My partner is an ATP/IFR fixed wing with over 1000 hours on the Beech floats, over 3000 hours floats, 7000 hours total, as well she has her commercial rotary. She is without a doubt, the most meticulous pilot I have ever worked with and her care of the aircraft is second to none. She will outwork most of the people I have worked with, including me.
I have never at any time even thought of her monthly cycle with regard to her as a woman/pilot/worker. She is just good at what she does and is a real asset in our operation. I'm sure having to put up with me causes her more aggro than she needs.
Even in aviation, I'm surprized the subject came up at all. In 1967, when I obtained my PPL/CPL, I was trained by a lady pilot who was a ferry pilot during the war and I have never forgot what an exceptional person/pilot she was.

Regards
carholme