PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mapping
Thread: Mapping
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2005, 10:37
luoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mapping

(This really doesn't IMHO belong here but if a kind person or mod has a better place and-/or can move it...)

I am looking to get, ideally for free, or low cost for a small project, something that will give a "flat map" (such as you see airlines use to show their route network) with lots of lines whizzing over the flat world.

I.e I could plot LHR-CDG, LHR-SVT, LHR-JFK, LHR-YYZ and LHR-SYD (ideally still even via BKK) and then it would show all the routes at once.

This would be a lot neater than trying to draw it with pen or pencil. A Mac (ideal) or PC software package is better than the web but all considered. I want to plot a number of routes on it at the same time and ideally be able to export it to an image file.

Any help welcomed as the keywords I have googled with have not been sufficient !

Thanks

edit: it doesn't need to know the actual LHR or ICAO equivalents but it helps (or place names) as long as one could at worst case drop some lat/long figures in. It is not being used for navigational purposes either (before anyone's insurance company gets worried). Merely for a graphical illustration.