PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tsunami Disaster Relief - More photographs
Old 8th Jan 2005, 04:18
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys...
I've been running around other forums and wondered where the PPRuNe action regarding this tragedy is... seem to have found it...

I'm amazed at the perseverance you guys have!

Let me on the behalf of a local (albeit me being in Jakarta), and a couple of friends who have lost relatives in Aceh, and lost friends in other places do the least I can do... that is to say Thank You!

Any ops into Lhokseumawe/WITM?

For west coast ops, I hear they're putting up a small staging post in Blang Pidie south east of Meulaboh, the worst hit area. I hear C212s bringing aid in there 4x 1.5 tons a day and transporting the aid by road to Meulaboh.

For you guys doing this out of Medan, if you get any hassles from anyone give me a call and I can call the Airport Chief whom I know... though I know he's a bit overwhelmed at the moment...

I know an operator based in Medan too that who might give spare resources (if any) to help you guys out...

Also for Medan, I have a couple of friends there and if you need any info that may help your rest periods, let me know.

Plus a couple of days ago are a couple of friends wanting to help in airops (fixed/rotary) asked me if anyone from outside need any help. Their experience is little, but safety minded, willing to help and could help out in language and other "local" problems... Some pilots, some want to put their time to a good cause...

No promises, but I'd like to help. Once again... thank you!

PK-KAR
+62-813-14253617 (24/7)