PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2005, 01:50
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Tokunbo,

There is a diffence between slagging off a previous employer and telling the embarrassing truth about a previous employer. I suggest I am prone to do the latter.....and to date no one has jumped up and countered what I have had to say about my Nigeria experience.

When I suggest binning pilots strictly due to their age as being contemptible....as happened on the North Sea and again at Eket....no one denied either the events or the description I made.

When I suggested the Bristow arrogance about safety records was not supported by performance....especially when I made the comment, ACN had not had a fatal accident and Bristow had several on the ledger....no one disputed that either.

No one jumped up to defend the saltwater washes that led to so many 76 engines being binned either.....

The list goes on....but no need to run up bandwidth reminding you of the past.

In defence of Bristow....they did finally make changes in Nigeria...some good...some very good...but did leave the job undone.

When I described the world's oldest and most run down 212's....I recall the Shell Engineering rep rejecting two of them as being unfit. Saw that with my two own eyes....telling the story is not slagging off a previous employer. A long chain of events like those....led to me being an ex-employee along with a lot of other pilots that left for safer pastures.

I knew the outfit in the old times...when it was the best place I have ever worked....the current Bristow falls far short of the old one. That is the truth....and not slagging.