PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2005, 20:13
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAC Proposal (Draft)

Hi Flyers,
Thanks for the Journal info.

I was unable to post an update earlier. The internet conection broke down.

An initial offer has been submited with a consideration price covering the amounts mentioned in the Journal & Pprune.

The initial offer was to purchase the entire assets, business, leases and name of the former Newcastle on Tyne Aero Club Company.

There are some conditions attached to the offer not writen here.

In the event of the Offer being successfull it is proposed to;-

1) Vest the Material Assets (Planes Etc,) in a seperate Charitable Trust to secure them for a long term future.

2) Establish a seperate not for profit organisation of charitable Purpose to own and run the business Activities.

It is envisaged the Trust and the organisation will be voluntary with profesional business qualities.

The Trust will have trustees with relevant expertise & experience who may set/advise on guidelines & procedures etc, for the organisation.

The Organisation will be owned, operated and managed by its own Members. It will be accountable to the above trust for proper and effective utilisation of the above assets.

The said organisation will be derived from an Association of PPL holders, Aero support Engineers and technichens, future fliers and those interested in being members supporting the activities.
It purpose will be to provide Social Educational recreational and Leisure Activities, to do with flying, in a co-operative flying club manner. The objective being to make flying ACCESSable an AFFORDable to people from all walks of life.

Any excess income generated through the organisations activities will be re-invested in the organisation or trust.

This structure will enable the Trust and Organisation to apply to grant giving bodies to develop and support their purpose.

Hope2

ps. Is there the support for this trust / organisation among the flying community of our region?

I was and am interested in putting time and effort into fundraising for such a charitable organisation.

A request to the administrators for more time to collate finances was made which it may not be possible to grant. (i have been on holiday for the past three weeks.)

your co-operation and help in seeking and securing financial pledges to meet the administrators new timetable (by Wednesday) will be a great help.

I will be travelling for the next two days.

Best wishes for an early return to flying
Hope2

Last edited by Hope 2 fly; 8th Jan 2005 at 08:41.