PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2005, 23:43
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
OzExpat, not New Guinea Motors (which originally belonged to Carpenters I think) - wasn't that opposite the picture threater at Boroko? Animalclub is on the money I think - PNG Motors in Alan Morris's time, at the Taurama lights, Mazda dealer, imported Jags and at one time, four or five Morgan Plus 8's.

At the time of the drag, Larry had his band at the Gateway. I have a vague recollection he was a driver of one of the cars, but may be wrong. I realise Larry didn't own or earn too much, hence his request for a loan from Woolworths!

John Warrington's move on? I wouldn't have thought he was that old.

I called Jim and Jan Sinclair a few days ago to advise them of Ian's accident. They are both very well, Jim is busier than ever writing.

Many of you may remember Tom Leahy, Markham farmer, pre self government Chairman of the Executive Council, brother of Sir Dan, cousin to Richard and previously a Director of both Talair and Flight West. I see or talk to Tom at least weekly - fit and well, mid 70's, cattle property near Dalby and a long serving Local Government Councillor in Australia.