PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad News CATC March has fallen thru
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2005, 22:05
stevethescotspilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PHEW!

Ah jeez my heart is pounding...

Due to not having my phone on me yesterday thanks to the fact I was working in Heathrow, I was unable to call HR and confirm my place on the March course.

And when I phoned them first thing this morning, they told me my place had been given to someone else. (Today is the day we were told to inform them of our decision on, by the way).

Anyway, four hours later and I get another phone call asking if I still want March...

OF COURSE I F***ING DO!!!

So now I am on the March course as originally planned, and ready to to get stuck right into some of the most challenging and rewarding work I could ever imagine doing, area or no area. Hehe I like looking at planes... besides, I visited EGLL tower on the day of my medical a couple of months ago and the buzz was unbelievable... watching GMC in action left me wanting more!

These last couple of days have scared the hell outta me, as I realised just how precarious our situation is as wannabe students. I think we need to get ourselves the security of actually joining NATS as soon as possible... until that happens we're nothing to the company.

And lay off scotsliveit. I'm getting very angry reading some of the replies on this thread. Personally I know that the guy is living and breathing ATC, and just as excited to start this career as the rest of us, and have been stung by the amount of criticism he has received for being brave enough to ask the questions we all had to ask. This came out of the blue, remember.
We all now appreciate the opportunity we have been given here, and that this could work out very well, and besides, we want to become ATCOs no matter what! I even went out and rented Pushing Tin when I first applied for god's sake! If that isn't sacrifice then what is!

Believe me, we are all grateful to still be on the March course. Me probably more so because it looked like it had been snatched away from me without me even knowing it.

Smoggie- I know what you mean about not being able to relax until we're there. I've got the exact same feeling now. Keep expecting HR to phone me and tell me there's been a mistake!

Let us prove to all you future colleagues out there just how much we want to be working beside you...

Cheers to all!