PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New FAA to JAA conversion rules?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2005, 21:32
LAWN DART DRIVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darren, I just flew into LGW yesterday from Houston to see my in-laws. There wasn't enough room on the car for allsix of us so I opted to meet them by train. Well the train wasn't for another hour so I took the bus over to the CAA to get an offical answer on the convertion change.
The word from the guy I talked to was that he had never herd anything like a short test for the more advanced pilot.
I said that's funny a woman I talked to a month ago said that the change could be in 6 months or 2 years from now.
Again he said " I have not herd of this". He was trying to get me out of there because there was 2 guys in uniform waiting for their lic. Anyway it was good to at least check on the status.

The thing is that even if they change the rules we will still need to pass all of the subjects so I might as well study for them (tests) as they are.

I don't start 757/767 ground school until March, but after that's done I will be based in Newark. I think the training is about 5 - 6 weeks with IOE. After this maybe I will take you up on your offer.
Sounds a lot better than sitting in a crashpad all day.

See Ya,

LDD