PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumba$$ tourists, collectives and throttle quadrants
Old 6th Jan 2005, 20:11
407 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had (rear seated) Heli-Skiers think that the center console area in the Astar was a "nice place" to strech out their legs and rest their ski boots in flight. Shame I never had a Hammer then ! WHACK !

I've have had them drop a 1 Liter sports-water bottle square on the throttle lever ( it could easily have been forced beyond the FLY detent into the + ungoverned range! )

Had a guy reach for something in the 407, his shift-sleeve caught the collective and bottomed it.....on short final. He was re-assigned to the rear seat after that.

Had a guy think that the area between the 2 front seats of the 407 was a great place to stow his full sized SLR camera in flight. If I had to "auto" just then, the collective would never have been able to reach the bottom.

Had a tired German Heli-Skier riding up front in a 212, and somehow (???) managed to get his foot stuck in the Co-pilot pedal stubs and jam the pedals. I don't speak german, he never spoke English, but the universal language of fear and anger ($%$$#@!@!) convinced him to pull his feet out as we wallowed around the clearing with jammed pedals.

The best one was a Japanese film crew, who wanted to tie a bungie cord to the mast or pitch change rods, to support their camera in the rear door frame.....people unclear on the concept ?.