PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopters and models (Thereof).
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2005, 17:45
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Do you really have thaqt much money?

To: Ian Corrigible

These people are the best in my opinion they have been making display /desktop models for Agusta and SM for yonks, the factory is well worth a visit if you are in the Milan area. They are not cheap but will make one offs to order
Having Piazzai make a one-off model is analogous to having Ferrari make a one-off Dino. Their master models are made of wood and this model is used to develop a Kirksite metal mold, which is in turn used to mold the models. Many of their models that have clear canopies are cast using an acrylic material. The models are then masked off and painted. They make models for Sikorsky, Boeing Vertol, Hughes, Sweitzer, and most of the European aircraft and helicopter manufacturers.

Yes the factory is well worth a visit but the best place to visit is Malpensa where Piazzai had donated and displayed their entire model collection.

I have been in the factory many times and in the process I spent over $14,000 for models.

I was looking for the builder of the 407 but somehow it got deleted from my desktop. I’ll keep on looking.