PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad News CATC March has fallen thru
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2005, 16:44
sla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say I have a limited knowledge of ATC, as I believe that saying anything else when I have not yet worked in the industry would be really arrogant.

I have had a number of days of work experience at Luton airport (albeit a few years ago), visits to West Drayton, LACC and Southampton tower & approach. I have read all the books I can get my hands on, re-read them over and over. I have thoroughly studied all information sent to me by NATS and of course I have had the odd plane spotting excursion and listened in over the radio!

I have also started learning airplane types and have read PPL books.

I didn't do/am not doing all this just to get into college - it's fascinating stuff and I'm really thrilled to have the opportunity to train for this really rewarding career. And I do know my phonetic alphabet - that's the easy bit

I don't want to get anyone's back up. I'm very, very keen and I want to give myself the best chance of success at this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Yes I'm not going to get to start til June, but I've waited long enough for this, waiting another 3 months doesn't mean I want it any less.

I will be thinking of the 10/11 starters on March 7th though and no doubt will feel a bit jealous, I'll meet you later though