PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad News CATC March has fallen thru
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2005, 16:11
BEXIL160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5/ I probably know the same about ATC as anyone else in my position (very little, surface stuff). I received a phone call first thing Tues morning and was asked to decide the next 6/7 years of my ATC career with solely this surface knowledge
I think this is what HD was referring too, and I must say it got my gander up a touch as well.

It would appear then that you haven't done enough preparation for your chosen career. Enough maybe to satisfy the HR mob, but they aren't ATC experts and nor have they covered themselves in glory with the quality of applicants THEY have selected.

Appearances can be deceptive, but to admit that you only have "surface" knowledge going in doesn't bode well. That you didn't jump at the opportunity, any opportunity, to be involved in ATC in any capacity whatsoever raises the question of commitment in many experienced ATCOs eyes.

Just as a quick question. Do most applicants today KNOW the (current) phoenetic alphabet before they start the college? I'm intrigued by what "surface knowledge" they think IS required.

Best rgds (to all)
BEX