PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair slammed for profiteering out of Tsunami (merged)
Old 6th Jan 2005, 13:22
DUBXH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

While I sympatise with the Murtagh family and I really do I think it still needs to be appreciated that MOL runs a Low Fares - No Frills airline.... And whilst these people may have come from the affected area they may not have been directly affected themselves... Anyhow that has no relevance here but my point is... Nobody made them pay that money... Nobody stopped them from talking to BA, nobody stopped them from going to find internet access and get a low fare even via CDG if they wanted... They requested a change in their itinary were given the Fare quote by a third person to FR and they accepted it.. MOL is under NO obligation to cut corners for returning Irish Citizens affected directly or indirectly by the Tsunami incident, it's all down to him.. His the CEO he does what he wants.
Now, which airlines will these guys be considering first for their next flights.
CaptJ - You would think that these people will travel BA/EZY after the great service rendered for them and for the compassion shown by them but if it is more affordable to fly FR are you telling me they wouldnt do it ? Money isnt exactly falling off trees at the moment and if one carrier can get you there for 50 quid less are you going to take the moral stance and take the higher fare?

With regards to the situation being dealt with by Servisair/Globeground in LGW it was... I can only assume that FR provide AHM's/PHM's/GHM's and so on and so forth and in turn dont promote Handling agents to contact them with "this man lost a leg, can we knock a tenner off?" questions but expect them to follow the rules set down by the airline...

No doubht I am going to be chewed up by the Anti FR gang in the next few minutes but it's only my opinion so be gentle :o)