PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad News CATC March has fallen thru
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2005, 10:52
Scotsliveit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Judged

Well looks like there's been alot of Judging and presumptions being made about me and others.

'Close eye' mmm that's quite worrying. Is that the way it works? I'm not going to be inflamatory in this reply but here goes:

1/ Never claimed to be an aviation expert, constantly asked for information.

2/ Attitude good, 100% ready. Would have prefered to have been on a normal course. Had an Introduction exposure to both streams, had a valid opinion of where I wanted to go and then went where I was placed like everyone else has in the past.

3/. MONEY Not my motivation at all. If it was I'd stay in my present well paid position and not embark on the fascinating challenging adventure ahead.

4/ Don't call me a PRAT

5/ I probably know the same about ATC as anyone else in my position (very little, surface stuff). I received a phone call first thing Tues morning and was asked to decide the next 6/7 years of my ATC career with solely this surface knowledge. Asked advice, was Judged and given stick(by some). Mmm Ok

One of my friends took too long to decide and missed his place.

6/ I have enthusiatically accepted the offer after advice from ATCO's of varying experience including those on here and my own thoughts.

I cant wait to start and will now sell my home when I sign the dotted line.

I and my friends thank you all for your advice.