PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tsunami Disaster Relief - More photographs
Old 6th Jan 2005, 10:42
Mr Toad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great photos; tho' I suppose it's like a battlefield seen from the air. The true horror is at ground level.

I wish Phoenix Rising and the other MHS pilots well in their work; I am sure that you can make a difference.

We all know and understand the vital role of helicopters in disaster relief; like most of us, I agree the need for some form of supra-national fast reaction organisation equipped with a fleet of heavy lifters capable of carrying and supporting medium size helicopters c/w emergency equipment and medics to any corner of the world at short notice and without the need for lengthy political clearances.

Of course, an amphibious taskforce is ideal for this work and the crews are brilliant at it. To all those military airmen, soldiers and sailors already involved, thanks for your efforts; likewise to all those civilian ngo's and individuals who responded so quickly. Saving lives is more noble than making war.

Politicians, where are you? Give the UN some teeth and pay up your contributions - you need it.