PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad News CATC March has fallen thru
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2005, 08:19
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An interesting point made by Halo which i would wish to add to.
Our very first day of introduction at Bournville we were all asked why we wanted to be an ATCO. I remember it all too well, those who said they liked the money to a person never made it through either the college or validation training.

When you get through the college those of you bemoaning the fact that you haven't got the discipline you wanted will soon realise what an enormous team ATC is let alone NATS. Your colleagues wont just be the people sat beside you they will be at the end of a phone line sometimes in a different country, you will find your colleagues may be non NATS. You soon realise that it makes no difference what discipline you have and how we all work as a team.
I was a lucky one I had a choice, my original choice would have been that of an area controller but when realising I had a choice decided upon the Aerodrome Approach path . I have never once regretted it as I am sure i equally wouldn't have done had I chosen the area path.

Once you are training I am quite sure you will feel rather foolish for having even thought about raising the issue in the first place.