PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2005, 01:05
Sharpie

Retired Tiger pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TORRES,

Bisbuit Ears definately had a E Type Jag, and agree there was a second one floating around late 60's early 70's but cannot recall the owner. Larry worked for Chansett Airlines at that time and I do not think the remuneration package would allow an 'E type' in the garage.

Two Dogs, memory may be fuzzy, but from my discussions with Biscuit, he said that he had brought the first E Type into PNG(POM) and maybe erroneously, I thought that it was the yellow peril. (I did see it mobile a few years ago after restoration and before it went south)

The Lawes Road man owned one of the two Lamborgini's in town at that time. Ernie's one was 'stored'? under a pile of corregatecd iron at his workshop for many moons after blowing the engine. I think that 'Big Nick' the mechanic unsuccessfully fixed it. Later the car was at Ernies house and may by now be in Oz as a collectors item.

The other Lambo was owned (and dragged) around town by ?? Phillips - the owner of the Little White Bull at East Boroko.

There was another car dealer (would you buy an used car off this man) next to Kriewalts Building on HM Highway. Lamb was one of the partners(later went into the clothing game in RP)