PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetsGo Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2005, 23:47
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes.
And the Citation that landed just ahead of the L1011 in Dallas?
How is the tristar behind the Citation, crashed into the storage tanks short of the runway?

An aircraft took off into the dark clouds and gusty winds at New Orleans, so how is it the departing B727 ended up in a gazillion pieces in a New Orleans suburb???

There are many examples.
How did the US Air F28 crash on takeoff out of KLGA in a blinding snow storm when several presceeding aircraft managed to do so safely???

Sorry WJet man, just because West Jet is pushing back from gate 41, doesn't mean we're dealing with the same decision making chain or elements, does it? Or is this an ego thing?

Could it be the 73 jock might not have the same level of experience (more or less) than his counterpart who decided to throw it away??? We've all had 'tough' days at the office. Who knows? I wasn't there. But I'm confident I've been in similar situations and didn't always agree with decisions and choices at the time. Experience has decided much of that for me now. When things start stacking up and I can eliminate but a few....that's it. Shows over. (Remember the Chain theory taught in so many CRM courses?)

I hate to sound patronizing here, but the point is, you and I may not be facing the same decision tree, even on a CAVU day and the passenger in 14A isn't being paid to make my decisions and in this case Jetsgo's decisions, (thank gawd), is he? So what he or she thinks of my decision to go or not to go isn't a factor in my decision making process. Frankly, neither is it the Chief Pilots decision to make on my behalf. Cuz at the end of the day, it's the Captains' ass in the witness box when the TSB starts asking the questions. I can assure you, they won't be asking how is it WJ departed gate 41 and took off safely? What's wrong with you?

Jetsgo may not have all it's ducks in a row. This is the kind of info I'm seeking. I honestly don't think the "my dog's bigger than your dog" element of many previous posts is beneficial to anyone seeking facts but thanks for the imput.