PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad News CATC March has fallen thru
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2005, 23:34
foghorn
I say there boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honest direct opinions and the odd harsh words. I guess that's what pprune's been about over the years.

Being a March bod, rightly or wrongly I feel tarred by the brush of what has been said, for the record the only reason I had a preference of Area was a practical one. It would have given the highest chance of minimum disruption for my wife and her career as a Swanwick posting would mean one less move; what with junior Foghorn #1 who is due in April in the picture as well (that will let anyone from the college positively ID me now from the bags under my eyes come April!)

I owed it to her to consult with her as she and junior will be just as affected as me by the closing off of the Swanwick option, so I didn't snap HR's hand off there and then, I waited until she got home.

I am over the moon that I have been selected for a place with NATS and am desperate to get to college, I have been ever since that magic acceptance letter dropped through the door almost a year ago now. Thankfully she understands this, so March it is; I've already put off a December course so that I don't have to leave her on her own heavily pregnant so she agrees with me that I shouldn't delay any longer. The decision having been made I was on the phone first thing this morning to make sure I got one of the 10 places going.

I'll be delighted with whatever course and posting I get - there are pros and cons to all of them from what I with my limited knowledge can work out, and I'm sure the pros will outweigh the cons wherever I get sent, added with the elation of finally doing what I am told is the best job in the world!

Last edited by foghorn; 6th Jan 2005 at 00:27.