PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetsGo Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2005, 22:02
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am Birddog

Your post doesn't work for me. Emotionally or otherwise.

I completely understand passengers heading home for Christmas being angry and upset when their flight is delayed or cancelled.
This presentation shows me nothing more than an angry passenger who's found something to do with his digital camera who intends on taking his frustration and disappointment out on the airline. In this case, Jetsgo.
If I could believe every airline in the world had never suffered similar events, I could be sympathetic to a much greater extent. But, the reality is, this doesn't happen to be the case nor does it phase me in the least.

There are many, I'm sure, good reasons for the crew delaying the flight for an hour and as far as the weather was concerned on the day in question, and it's no surprise to me that the passengers were oblivious to the aerodynamics involved in the combination of freezing precip and aircraft wings as evidenced by their stupid behaviour. If they knew more about it, I think many would have shut the f*** up. Proving YET again, the customer is NOT always right.

Regulations are regulations. Weather problems are weather problems. When these two collide, I'm going to call the whole thing off. Having had my fair share of 23 hour duty days in previous times, I can tell you it ain't gonna happen again. I don't care how many passengers are chomping on the bit. I have to be up to the challenges on the day. If I'm not then I shouldn't be sitting on the flight deck. The regulations tell me so even if common sense doesn't.

I feel sorry for the inconvenienced on the day in question. But, believe me, I couldn't shed a single tear for any one of them. In fact, I say the crew did a good job. Why the passengers think they know better is beyond me, and frankly Scarlett.......