PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some words of advice (hopefully) to wannabes at all levels...
Old 5th Jan 2005, 21:22
offspring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does an impressive CV really make a difference ?

Its good to get advice form people in the know but in my experience an impressive CV means not a jot.

I have been flying commercially for 4 years and have found that I am well and truly stuck in GA.

I trained full time using the modular route, 100hrs to CPL and ATPLs passed in just 7 months.

I have been in a flying job since the day my licence arrived and have accrued 3000hrs TT of which 2000hrs is multi engine command single crew IFR. Flying has been Air Taxi, Air Ambulance, VIP Charter and 1000hrs of Police flying. It has been shear grit and determination to remain in work all this time and to get a logbook full of quality flying.

I have submitted over 70 applications to airlines in the last 12 months and have not been offered even an interview.

What makes matters worse is these airlines have recruited guys with less than 300 hrs in their logbook.

It seems a proven track record, excellent safety record, experience, maturity and a demonstrated determination count for nothing with the recruitment teams.

Or am i wrong?