PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BHX wardens - needlessly rude?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2005, 20:53
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX wardens - needlessly rude?

Got picked up by my brother at BHX yesterday, but the parking warden was very rude in moving him on from the "set down" area. Technically, I'm not sure if he was in the right place (there did not appear to be a pickup point), but there is no place for rudeness in any customer driven market, especially as this might be the only contact with staff a visitor to the airport has. I know people have low expectations of parking wardens, but airports should be in the business of providing high levels of customer service - they are not in the same boat as town centre parking officials. Nothing on the BHX website about pick up / set down areas, despite having a fancy 3D terminal map.

I know we don't yet have the same rivalry between Midlands airports as our cousins in the Scottish Central Belt, but small things like this (together with charging £3.85 for a couple of slabs of toast, and not having any drinking water in the toilets - even greedy BAA have this!) can only do us good here Coventry, which is rapidly gaining a reputation for friendly service.

Before battle commences, I should declare that although I am a major supporter of CVT, I've never had any other problems with BHX staff, and am keen to see both my local airports flourish.

I am also not aware of any airport in the UK which gives out live arrivals information on site (not everyone has access to the internet all the time) for drivers who are picking up passengers. Berlin Tegel has a massive board just before you enter the tunnel under the taxiways - this must help relieve the congestion caused by people driving in a loop around the airport site to avoid paying parking charges if they are not going to leave the vehicle.