PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad News CATC March has fallen thru
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2005, 18:20
Loki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of us who have spent any time at all in this business know how quickly things change. It`s part of the territory....if you can`t cope with that, then don`t join.

When I did my course (all disciplines) we were asked where we wanted to be posted to towards the end of the 3 years. A near contemporary of mine made a bid for Hurn (CAA/Nats still provided the service then) Guess where he got posted? Sumburgh!!

My final posting was decided with typical quirkiness: I was stopped in the high street of the town nearest to my area unit by my boss and told I had 2 days to get to my posting (not my first choice). Since then, I`ve had all manner of unwelcome developments....unwanted transfers, watch changes.....you name it.

If you are any kind of Nats ATCO, you will learn to roll with the punches, and watch diligently for the "angles"; there will always be opportunities to make what seem to be negative developments work for you. Some are better than others at this, but I`ve had my successes.

My advice? Go for it! If you really want to do area work, you will probably have the opportunity later on.