PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad News CATC March has fallen thru
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2005, 16:30
I'm not joking sir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all the research into ATC that everyone surely did, it must have become apparant that LACC is not the only unit that gets staff from the College. There was another big clue to this when they made us sign the mobility agreement at the first stage of recruitment!

Granted it's unusual to ask us to decide what course we'd like so early on but if people feel so strongly against a particular part of ATC, why apply? It's made clear that you could end up doing anything.

All of us on our way to the College applied to be Student ATCOs not Area or TWR ATCOs. The guys I work with know only too well that I want to stay in the Airport side of ATC. However, they also know how happy I'd have been had I got an Area course because they know how much I want to be
an ATCO.

I'm glad that some of you have deigned to join the rest of us on the March course. We're obviously very lucky as the "shellshock" of having the "area bods looking down their noses" at us must have made it doubly hard to accept such an inferior course/career path/the job you applied for!

Seriously though, we are going to have to work so so hard to get through so please try and spend the next two months getting 100% up for it. If anyone goes to the College with attitudes that have been displayed on this thread you're going to make it harder for the rest of us not just yourself.