PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Pacific
Thread: Virgin Pacific
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2005, 07:03
PureRisk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrrrr Johnny.....flag bearer of the indistructable Qantas.
(I remember when I was in europe BA had the same attitude when LCC first started.....mmmm but thats another topic)

Firstly I never said it would break qantas, however if you are slightly realistic you would know that around 1 third or so of the qantas international profits are made from this route. And if you want to be anal... (united and ANZ go there!..you said) yes you are correct this is not a definition monopoly, but I am quite sure you and everone else reading this knows that in general terms it is a monopoly in terms of the government which has blocked other airlines for so many years so that qantas is protected.
Something they will not be able to do to Virgin Pacific since it will be 51% Oz owned.
(but i think we both know that you knew what I meant).

I dont work for either so it really doesnt worry me as I have buisness interests with whoever has seats going there but as I am quite positive many people have heard over the years (ok maybe not you) many many business Pax ,travel to LA on Q from a lack of choice and availability. !!!! Yes johnny you are correct it wont break qantas but maybe you cant see like many others (including God im sure) a Singapore/Atlantic/Blue entity on the LA route will at the very least (as I already said) not help the qantas bottom line or the shares.....!!! fact or fiction? well time will tell......

Last edited by PureRisk; 5th Jan 2005 at 07:15.