PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2005, 04:47
SASless

Received 521 Likes on 217 Posts
Gimble,

Why is it you are so emotional about this topic? One would think you made the decision to withhold those funds yourself.....it would appear. Rather than the old vote with yer feet attitude....I hold with the work for a better tomorrow concept. Yes there will be turnover in pilots at any company. The pilots that die, retire, become disabled, and those that leave for any other reason.....all contribute to a turnover rate. Those leavings are generally well planned for, easy to calculate in advance and are very few in number if one excludes the "leave for other reasons" catagory. I would submit the unpaid bills are a symptom of a deeper problem within the company than being mere misconduct by the pilots that stiff the company.

Loyalty is a two way street....if one is happy in his employ then there is no need to depart in an untimely fashion. Could it be the guys just wake up one day and decide "enough of this" and pack their bongo's? I dare say....anyone that is as adamant about the old "love it or leave" attitude as you are....just might be part of the problem and not part of the cure.

Integrity is not conditional....either you have it or you do not....to leave with bills unpaid is not an honorable thing. Running a crappy helicopter company isn't an honorable thing either.

Being a free market economy out there....I reckon then the company that gets stiffed for unpaid bills gets what they paid for.

Find a way to identify, recruit, and retain quality staff and you will not have that problem....and thus have no need for such a practice as GHC apparantly does. Is there a message in all that for you?