PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - West Jet Recruitng
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2005, 04:41
Saltaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Kitty,

I used to work for AC, no misconception, and to be honest when I first arrived I was optimistic and open minded. After less than two years on the RJ fleet ( Fag Jet ), I was ready to shoot myself.

Fact: I made less than a first year WJ pilot, with the "flat" pay adjusted downward with the lowered adjustments. Flat pay is one of the biggest scams going, ACPA should have fought to decrease it to the end of probabtion, not two frigging years.

General attitude in the comapany is outrageous, with a sense of entitlement to ones job and service and hard work secondary. See certain check in staff, flight attendants and ground crew. I've never waited for more gates in my life due to lack of interest.

The equipment in certain departments is seriously outdated and needs replacing IE: ground equipment, flt ops computer system etc...

I could go on and on, but mostly I'm just disappointed I built it up to something special and thought I might have a long and rewarding career with high wages and a motivated employee base. Bad timing I guess......

The reality is that the working conditions at all major airlines are being adjusted downwards but would I go back to an EMB F/O making less than 50k and having to live in that urban wasteland called the big smoke? Doesn't look like it, so another opening for someone else.

Bitter, no, Sad, yes, because I was hoping for a quality life in Vancouver, and with current projections it would be 5-7 years and that would be for a 320 F/O.

I'm sure it might be a different experience for others but "I'm out Jerry! "

Ciao