PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on ThomsonFly scheme
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2005, 18:03
roberand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flybe vs tfly sponsorship schemes?

Hi

I too have been accepted onto this course and like rk1006 am a little undecided as to whether to take it!

While flying the big shiny jet is all i have ever wanted to do, i currently finally have a decent enough job earning good money and literally just started living with the girlfriend.....crikey i must be mad to risk all this and pay £60k odd for the POSSIBILITY of getting a job in 13 months time!!!!

However, complete catch 22.....i KNOW i will regret it if i don't take it and know i could regret it if there is another 9/11 (god forbid) in a few months time and i end up with a load of debt and no job (and maybe no missus! ). But i guess that is the nature of the aviation industry beast and if you don't take a chance then you will never gain.

I am in the fortunate position of also having got through to the final stage of the flybe selection process which i do beginning of next week.

Just wondered what people's thoughts are on the tfly opportunity compared to the flybe one - in terms of costs, prob not much in it except that with tfly you pay it all yourself upfront whereas with flybe you pay only a portion of training costs but have reduced salary on employment. Therefore slightly bigger personal financial risk with tfly. However, from pruners' posts it seems both companies are great to work for. Any other thoughts?

roberand