PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pilot terms & endearment (Merged)
Old 4th Jan 2005, 16:52
Maxiumus

Its the threat to the business model and, crucially, continued production that represents the knife held to the throat of airline businesses.
Hmm, being treated like people is a threat to the business model is it? How then do so many other successful airline and non-airline companies combine high staff satisfaction with vast financial success?
As a manager, Ozi, you clearly missed out of the valuable lesson that the happier the staff, the more productive they are.
I also submit that the real "knife held to the throat of airline businesses" is in fact vastly incompetent management. I could list numerous examples here of how management, not the pilots, got airlines into the financial trouble that killed/crippled them. But I can't really be bothered getting into a pi$$ing contest with someone who, if not my esteemed CEO in person, is someone acting as his mouthpiece. We all know who I'm talking about.
Did no-one tell you that your brand of IR went out, as unsustainable, with the Dickension era?

By the way, and lastly, €340,000 for the water for one year is 0.15% of the 2004 profit of €226m (as an accountant, you probably know that anyway). A case of penny sensible and pound foolish?

Joe le Taxi:
Ban Ozi, I think not? This is the kind of censorship that he would love within FR. No need to lower to that level. Anyway, his twitterings are amusing.