PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad News CATC March has fallen thru
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2005, 14:11
Scotsliveit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad News CATC March has fallen thru

Yes guys we all got the same call this morning. All of us March starters have been told it's an airport only course and we have until Thurs to decide to take it or not.

It's obvious that we all wanted area and are severely gutted. I've been told June but who knows. We've basically gone from a few weeks wait to possibly well over half a years wait till september.

I'm gutted, also a bit angry that hr were requesting my employers references before christmas, if I had given them my permission which I didn't I'd be up the creek.

All us Scots in glasgow who've been drinking together have received the same news. All gutted.

What's your plans now people? Anyone taking the airport course? I can't start of my new career on the wrong foot like this.

Called CATC spoke to a few people. March being all airport was in the pipeline for a couple of months but hadn't been fully ratified (still isn't apparently maybe if we all say no they'll re-access and make it area or mixed )

We were told to expect hiccups, doesn't help though. Gone from starting in six weeks to more than six months with no guarantee.

In the past students didn't really get a choice of area or aerodrome whereas we're getting this choice before we know enough depthabout either apart from mobility.