PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hars Connie in Aus Av.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2005, 03:08
Malfunction Junction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Whoooa Up a Bit Neddy!

HARS relocated to the sunny South Coast about 3 years ago. Was supposed to build a $M21 museum complex in 3 or 4 stages. Was supposed to have stage 1 up and running in time for AVIEX 2002. HARS's broken promises were a major catalist for the demise of AVIEX at a loss of nearly $600,000. Still to this day they have not completed stage 1 (only a meagre $M1.1) and I was informed yesterday that they are $500,000 short on the stage 1 project alone!
Now I ask you; what sort of council would approve such a project, AND commit heaps of community money to boot, for an outfit that was $M20 short on a $M21 project? I hope HARS were planning to be in the area for the long haul because at that rate, the project should be nearing completion around 2044 (and the Connie will definately be an antique by then). Did no-one do their homework and come to the conclusion that this outfit was broke and had no possible means of achieving their goals in a reasonable time frame?
WINGED WONDER: Ive seen that pile of junk that Cleary Bros passes off as their earthmoving museum - you cannot be serious suggesting that HARS was intending to include this crap in their museum?