PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax chatting to crew
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2005, 02:06
Bodum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Our Airline designed a service aimed at creating more time with our customers, especially business class customers. We call it the "IKEA" service, as you build it completely from scratch and ask a million and one questions

55 minutes to Brisbane, 737-800, 12 J class pax ..Lunch. (Oh and we can get up to 38 J class on the A330)

"Mr/Ms... Will you be joining us for lunch today?"
"Would you like the Beef stirfry or Smoked chicken Salad?"
"Would you like a glass of wine?"
"Red or white?"
"Would you like a glass of Water?"
"Will you be joining us for coffee?"

And then you have to put the whole thing together. Its designed to create more interaction with our customers, but unfortunately takes so long, we have less time now to complete the service. I had a customer (J Class) tell me yesterday, that I was asking too many questions and that it was all too much for her at that time of the morning.."I cant think straight"

Let me tell you..From experience, its a feeling I get everyday from most of my customers up the front now. Ive just started to stop asking all the questions and I just put everything on the tray now

And back to the subject: I have no problem with pax coming to the front galley to chat to me, as long as the service is over.

Over and out