PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2005, 00:31
SASless

Received 521 Likes on 217 Posts
The question that comes to mind.....there is a shortage or lack of local pilots to man the operation thus requiring the use of expatriate pilots.

Why is housing considered a part of the wage packet? I see such costs as being part of an operating expense. The reason "touring" companies do so is usually to cut down on housing costs and capital expenditure and thus save money by that practice.

So what am I missing here.....

Also heard via the sandbox grapevine.....that Gulf Heli's holds back several hundred dollars from your initial pay check and does not put the money into an interest bearing escrow account. The report said that the money is usually paid several months after termination of the employee without benefit of interest or any kind of appreciation on the account. I assume that is in anticipation of someone doing a Keller and running up large telephone bills to the spouse half way around the world....and leaving the company to pay the bills.

Seem like a funny way of doing business with people you entrust an aircraft and lots of people with.....