PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA considers night helicopter flights review
Old 4th Jan 2005, 00:10
Texdoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Heliport,

Might be worth merging the thread with the QLD EMS Accident thread where I have posted three of the four EMS accident report links.

Only two of those involved NVFR (Another I could not find). One of which was CFIT under NVFR (Swain Reefs) The accident at Marlborough was NVFR but had a main contributing factor of Fog... IMC? and fuel.

Is NVFR going IMC really problem with NVFR? If so it would beg the question that VFR (like NVFR) would need 'consideration' every time a VFR flight went IMC.

Of course I do not know if they are refering to other accidents or incidents, at least none I could find, but with true journalistic licence I think the history is most likely represented in the report itself "CASA is PREPARED..." that probably being in answer to a question like " Will the CASA look into NVFR rules?"

CASA "Considering" was no doubt a response to them being asked if they were...at which time, of course, they then would be.