PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - swiss
Thread: swiss
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2002, 03:21
FrappsZello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Goddess, I hope you will be able to find some inner strength to continue. Believe me it is not only you LX pilots who are not happy with the way things have turned out. I do think however that you are 100% correct in blaming all on Aeropers. I think your CCP president has a lot to answer for. The letter he sent to Aeropers last October inviting the Swissair pilots to join CCP - at the BOTTOM! was at best stupid and at worst insulting. This has been the stance of CCP ever since. To try and get an advantage out of the demise of Swissair to the cost of the pilots of Swissair. You can hardly expect them to welcome a proposal to work to gether at the 11th hour with open arms. Your board only approached Aeropers once they realized that their stance on seniority was getting nowhere. Now the boot is on the other foot and unless there is a very big change from the new management, I do not think that even a strike will get you anywhere. In fact I think it will only be to the advantage of Aeropers. They hold the better cards and have played the hand better too.. .Aeropers are not blameless. At times they have behaved pathetically and have been insulting in the extreme, but at the end of the day, they are doing everything they can to look after the best interests of their pilots. This after all is what they were voted in to do. I do not think that all the Swissair pilots are too happy with the new proposals but I do not think they are going to be stupid enough to shoot themselves in the foot and lose the inititive that has been given to them by CCP.