View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2005, 00:07
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking from experience...
once you land that first jet job....
life is great.
life is grand.
There's no other company better or more deserving of your loyalty than the one who hired YOU to fly their jets from that day on.

Until, that is, that company merges or goes bust and leaves you scrambling to find a flying job in a seriously competitive pilot market that constantly goes from bad to worse to just plain awful. And on top of that expects you to pay for your own training???

Once you've had that happen to you, it's difficult to let go. Just look at the slagging that goes on whenever Jetsgo or C3 are mentioned.
Sounds to me like both groups have certain issues from the past still boiling inside, two plus years later!!

I can assure you, the company culture ingrained in you at the old company, once you've had that first taste of glory, never goes away quietly. It can become very difficult and sometimes impossible to accept new ways of doing things to get along and play nice (ACA&CPA&WDA&EPA&NDA&PWA&QBA) when you eventually end up flying for a new outfit (canJet, Westjet, jetsGo). Whoever it might be.

None of these outfits would waste a split seconds thought on whether or not to let you go when certain financial realities turn ugly.

Welcome to the new world.

As shirty as that is...that's just the way it is. So, if something wicked this way comes, I guess I have to sit and listen to what's on offer and decide from there. Including a sim eval. (cool)

Keep on flying in the Free World