PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2005, 13:38
Sandy Toad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point is that after nearly 3 pages of Gulf Helis and ADA bashing without mention of Aerogulf, SyClick posts his opinion that AGS doesn't look like a long term proposition because they are running on a shoestring and the dollars devaulation of 30%. Heliport then posts that this is a risky combination and to exercise caution. Not something he has done with Gulf or ADA. I wondered why.
Are we talking maintenance standards? Or economic viability? Or just the low salaries offered?
As a customer I haven't had any concerns on first to date. The last must be apparent before signing to any prospective employee. As for economic viability, most of their expenses are presumably in Dollars, operating Bell equipment, spares etc, or Dollar linked currencies, eg local expenses, housing etc.
One should also not forget business is not always quite what it seems in the Middle East. Individuals or family companies can be asked to run projects which do not have to make profits, the pay back being in some future venture/favour. When Aerogulf was formed it had the highest backing, I would have thought it unlikely to be allowed to crumble unless another Dubai based company could step in. Do you really see ADA or Gulf being allowed to operate the Dubai contract?
Anyway bash away as I have no personal interest in it other than curiosity, as was involved in their birth for a year, nearly 30 years ago.
Bows out, creakily on Zimmer frame.