PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falcon Express - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 2nd Jan 2005, 13:35
JustFlyin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats just complete BS from brain damage.
Would that be from the good treatment the pilots get at FECA?

How on God's green Earth pilots always end up being the victim? that I struggle to understand

I never said that pilots are the victim of anything here.
What I am saying here is that IT IS the pilots that are doing the actual flying into Iraq, hence the saying 'being at the pointy egde of the sword'.

Have you yourself gone into Iraq recently?
If so, how often? When?
Some of the things you say would carry a bit more weight if you have flown into Iraq.

I say what they make and how they are treated is excellent for what they have to offer.
Well, if you think that $2400.- a month is excellent, I am lost for words.
I am sure that most of the FECA wannabes are not aware that that is all they get. Just think, housing will take a BIG chunk out of that $2400.- I remember a time not long ago that it was/is nearly impossible to find any suitable candidates for a Captains position. You probably think money was not an issue there!?
May I add that most pilots have an accumulated debt of $40.000,- to $50.000,- for their flight training? For the European pilots amongst you, that figure could be as high as $100.000,-
So with the banks knocking on their door, A job is better than NO job.
So pilots leaving within 2 years is not just because of that elusive jet-job, but certainly to go somewhere where the salary will at least pay the bills.
If you complain about inexperienced pilots, then be prepared to pay the price for experience.

Sometimes it would just be nice to get a thank you or a pat on the shoulder for a job well done. Not come back to a request (did I say request? I meant order) to come in to do another flight on short notice. Plans or no plans.
Or as someone in management once said:'If flying gets in the way of your social life, then look for another job'.

There has to be a reason for the low morale within the pilot core.
I'll let you figure out why.

PS. I never pretend to be a manager, or know how.
However I do know something about people skills and proper treatment of your co-workers.

PPS. But then again, I should konw better, it is the Middle East after all. Nothing will change