PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Call to record flight times - The Australian
Old 1st Jan 2005, 01:25
Aquaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breaker Brothers

Happy New Year to ye all, not forgetting those affected by the disastrous events of the last few days. My thoughts are with you!

I know the story of the breaker bros. well, as would many of you boys that were around the Sydney basin in the early nineties.

Ascend Charlie has most of the story correct, except the CP/CFI took the fall (understandably) and departed the industry to work as a security guard. The other partner is still in the game making s##t loads of money and still walks that fine line. CASA (OR CAA at the time) tried hard to run him down and drive him from the industry, but to no avail.

The CP/CFI was a great pilot and a fantastic person, but as it seems, was coercesed into retrieving money owed him by the aircraft owner after a business deal gone real bad! Now, if you have met that person you would know he's a gentleman with a shakey hand!

Not condoning anyone cheating on the system AT ALL, but it seems the more AND grander some operators buck the system, the more CASA remain off their back (seem scared to take them on), while the smaller operator recieves bulls##t NCN's and threats for friviolous things! Good one boy's!

On the problem of tamper proof clocks, I fly other peoples aircraft at times also, so I would be comfortable in the knowledge that the hours are correct when I have a look at the MR.

Here's to a better start to the new year for all ye Rotorheads and their families!

AB.

Oh Frank, would love to see you drop the 1.12 as a New Years Present......

My soap box is now empty for anyone wishing to raise to the challange.