PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tsunami Disaster Relief - More photographs
Old 1st Jan 2005, 00:44
Phoenix Rising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goaround - From what I have been able to gather from contacts up there over the last few days there doesnt seem to be any fuel spills, or at least not in the major areas.

Would take the Infra Red if you can as there are still a lof of villages that they still havent even got to yet, let alone see if there are people still alive, although it gets slimmer by the day.

Not sure of range of S-61N but no doubt some of the CHC or Bristow guys on the forum could answer that one. Would bring plenty of sling gear as no doubt slinging supplies to outlying areas cut off will be a priority. Disease I would say Malaria, Typhoid and possibly Cholera as thats what I have been told to be on the lookout for.

One thing you might want to do is pack as much child formula as possible. I have picked up a few boxes today and will take it with me. Lot of young kids up to 12-18mths old that are now orphans. Just a suggesion. Whatever sweet and sugar based stuff you can pack in spare areas on the helos and gear will go down a treat as they have nothing there at the moment.

Have sent your contact details to Rahmat via text message.

Cheers

Ned