PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Insurance while flying training - travel, life. etc.
Old 31st Dec 2004, 18:06
Soliciting Stu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Life insurance - is it really this difficult??

Evening all!

I know this question has been asked before, and I have pursued those lines of enquiry before submitting this query, but with minor success.
I felt a new topic would be of use to many wannabes who may wish to do their training overseas, especially the US & Canada.

My problem is, that I am finding it very difficult to find a Life/Critical Illness policy to cover me for time spent away from the UK whilst undertaking flying training.
Most of those I have looked at, will only be valid if I spend at least 6 months in the UK. This is a problem since I intend to settle in the US/Canada for the 2 year duration of training & thus want to be covered if anything happened to me.

Of course, when you mention you will be doing some flying to companies, they run!
I have been pursuing this question for several days now, speaking to various companies & brokers. These have come up with the solution that whilst away for the initial two years, I could take out an amended travel insurance policy at around £700 per year!
To me, this appears quite steep, and I am sure there is another way. It has been done before, by you lot!!!

So now, I am turning to you for assistance please. Those people that have done it, or are currently doing it, please could you let me know where I can get such a policy please??!

Thanking you & wishing you all A Happy New Year!
SS.